27 March 2005

Entries and acrylics...

I decided to pull out the paints during down time between working on two competition pieces and a small flower pot - both are something I haven't done in years.

One of the things I enjoy out of EBSQ is the shows they put on for their members to compete in... regular shows, set themes... fun to work towards when there is both interest and time. It also gives me a chance to test new ideas in a small way.

Speaking of not-so-small... The 'elf Himself' is in hiatus while the two entries get completed... one isn't up till May but it's a sculpture [something I did several years ago]. Mosaicing a 3D object is extremely time comsuming and intensive work. The 2D piece is almost finished - well... over half completed - the hard parts are done anyway. That one comes up in April so it's right on schedule. Once those are done it's back to the elf...

I still have a cough, but the plague for all intents and purposes is gone - just down to a 'cold' at this point.

No comments: