28 November 2005

You never know what you'll miss till it's gone

It's coming up on 11 weeks since I quit smoking and I've picked up around 15 pounds and tonight after stepping on the new, weight watcher scale - I decided that's it.

The weight irritates/depresses me and that puts a squelch on anything creative, so... that's the fucking end of that!

If I can quit smoking cold, I can drop the weight or at least tone everything up to an acceptable point. When I quit smoking I said I would accept staying the same clothes size. I'm sticking to that line and so far - it's not a problem.

I'm being reasonable, not radical [at least at the moment]. I'm not 30 so things are a little more resistant to change.

So, out of irritation and an excess of energy I started an exercise regimen outside tonight while the dogs were out. Very Army, albeit lightweight on the repetitions for the first few days. I'll talk to the doctor on Friday about getting more aggressive and the resident cyclist at work about where to take my mountain bike for a tune up.

If I start working the nastiness out at night I might have a chance to get back into the mosaic pieces I have on hold... hopefully I can snap out of the funk I've settled into and get back to it.

No comments: